Not long ago, my eyes needed their yearly check-up with the optician. I wasn’t surprised that my prescription had changed and it was a good excuse to get brand new purple frames too! I also had a contact lens trial which I failed dismally at. It doesn’t help that, even though I can cry at the drop of a hat, my eyes are really dry. Apparently this isn’t going to improve now that I’m, let’s say, a lady approaching a certain age!
It was therefore wonderful timing when a couple of things from the Optrex range arrived including their Actimist 2in1 eye spray for dry and irritated eyes.
I can’t even use eye drops without severe discomfort so the Actimist is ideal for me. You spray it onto closed eyelids and let it do its thing. I tend to use it when I’m not wearing makeup but on the odd occasion I’ve needed a little extra help, there’s been no noticeable smudging I’m pleased to say.
Some of you will be aware that I’ve had lots of restless nights and tearful days over the last couple of months. There has been grief and mourning – both human and canine. There has been, and is still, stress and concern for the lovely boyfriend who is going through some quite serious health issues. Top that off with driving to and from an office job at a computer screen and my eyes are very tired and sore indeed.
The spray is cooling and soothing, no stinging. I like it a lot 🙂 Brilliant invention!
New from Optrex is a lovely warming eye mask. What a treat! You only need 10 minutes too, time well spent on the good of those poor tired eyes.
You may notice from the photo that there’s also a lavender version. I prefer the fragrance-free but I know a lot of you will find the lavender scent even more relaxing.
If like me, you find it hard to switch off and relax in silence you may well find the Optrex Cloud 9 playlist on YouTube very useful. There are 5 tracks of 10 minutes to accompany your eye mask session.
Here’s a short video about former DJ Ash Sargeant curating these soundtracks:
Optrex ActiMist 2 in 1 Eye Spray for Dry and Irritated Eyes
· For eyes suffering from symptoms of dryness and irritation associated with environmental factors such as computer work, air conditioning and pollution
· Stabilises the eye’s lipid layer to relieve itchiness and watering
· Clinically proven to provide relief for up to 4 hours
· Can be used up to four times a day
· RRP: £15.31
Optrex Warming Eye Mask
· A self-heating, disposable eye mask with MICROSTEAMTM technology that is designed to moisten and soothe tired eyes
· Starts to warm up once opened
· Relieves and relaxes tired eyes in just 10 minutes
· Convenient for use on-the-go, while travelling or before bed
· Suitable for everyday use
· Optrex Warming Eye Mask 2 pack RRP £3.99, Optrex Warming Eye Mask 8 pack RRP £9.99
· Lavender scented variant available exclusively at Boots
*Optrex eye mask and spray provided for the purposes of this review. All opinions remain honest and my own.