As is usual with these things, I’ve copied this from Northumberland Mam, who’s just the best at sussing out good tags to join in with!
I may have even done this 12 months ago but this year Christmas will be rather different for me. I’ve lost my beloved Stella and gained a new man in my life so I wonder how different my answers will be?
Again, as always, feel free to copy, paste and answer too 🙂
1. What is your favourite Christmas film?
The Polar Express. I know it’s for kids really but I love it 🙂
2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Not since I was little. We have frosty and icy ones but a long time since a proper snowy one.
3. Where do you usually spend Christmas?
Either at my parents or my brother’s. This year I’m at home Christmas morning with the lovely boyfriend and cooking lunch for the first time. In the afternoon I’ll head to my brother’s and see my nephew open his presents 🙂
4. What is your favourite Christmas song?
There’s no way on Earth I can choose just one! Fairytale Of New York, Driving Home For Christmas, Last Christmas, 2000 Miles, Stop The Cavalry, all of the Richard Marx Christmas album…
5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
No, always wait until Christmas day…sometimes early in the day, sometimes late, depending on location!
6. What is your favourite Christmas advert?
Probably this one…! 🙂
And of course this one won the internet this season! Lovely 🙂
7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
For the first time ever I am cooking a Christmas lunch…I’ll be having sprouts because I don’t actually mind them but the lovely boyfriend has already vetoed them! We’re also hoping to go to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve 🙂
8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
I’ve always had artificial out of concern for getting pine needles in puppy paws. I’ve put the purple Christmas tree up but it’s awfully sad and weird not hearing the baubles clanging with Stella’s nose.
9. What tops your tree?
A silver star.
10. What is your all-time favourite Christmas food/sweet treat?
Mince pies 🙂 Closely followed by stollen 🙂
11. What is your favourite festive drink?
Mulled cider…don’t like wine. Having said that I do love the Belvoir non-alcoholic Mulled Winter Punch drink.
12. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I do honestly love giving gifts. I hate the shopping part and the cost but I love giving.
13. What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
I really don’t know…maybe I’ll receive it this year?!
14. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
A pony. Still waiting!
15. What would be your dream place to visit for the Christmas season?
Somewhere snowy and photogenic but where I didn’t have to drive.
16. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I’m not a total failure but I’m pretty bad. Gift bags and tissue are a Godsend!
17. Your most memorable Christmas?
All the childhood ones visiting my favourite auntie and uncle and cousins. They were always brilliant fun.
18. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
Apart from panic?! Not really. Would like to start a tradition of going to Midnight Mass with the lovely boyfriend but will only be able to do it on alternate years according to his childcare arrangement I think.
19. What made you realise the truth about Santa?
What truth? 😉
20. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I have done and the answer is only sometimes. I’ve kept to this year’s of getting to a size 10…I just hope I can stick to maintaining it in 2017!
I hope Christmas is all you wish for and more xox
*Amazon links are affiliate