Yet another tag post shamelessly pinched from Kim at Northumberland Mam but she does find the best ones!
1. What’s your favourite breakfast?
Raisin pancakes drizzled in maple syrup…so delicious 🙂
2. How do you drink your coffee?
When I’m out it’s a soy latte. When I’m in it’s good old instant with 2 stevia sweeteners & A2 milk.
3. What’s on your favourite sandwich?
Chicken and bacon with mayo or cheese and tomato.
4. Soup or Salad?
As I type this I’m nursing a stinking cold so chicken soup is definitely on my mind!
5. What’s your favourite cookbook?
I don’t do much cooking from books but always have Delia Smith on standby. I really love Nigel Slater too.
6. No more sweets or no more hearty foods?
Harsh choice! If chocolate counts as sweets then it’s a no brainer though!
7. What’s your favourite Cuisine?
Italian, I’d say. For takeaway though? Chinese 🙂
8. What’s your favourite food movie?
Julie & Julia…
9. What’s your most guilty pleasure?
“Jaffa Cakes. I can’t just eat one. Most of the time it’s the full packet. Oops.”
I kept Kim’s answer as it was so close to my truth…since the copying and pasting though I’ve discovered Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups…oh dear Lord those things are addictive!
10. What’s your greatest inspiration source?
If I’m honest, it’s probably when friends share those quick ‘how to’ videos on Facebook…that’s certainly where I found the brilliantly tasty but simple salmon & asparagus & potato dish I love as an evening meal.
11. Cooking at home or going out for dinner?
I’m not a confident cook at home though I do like preparing a meal for the lovely boyfriend as I know he appreciates the effort. If we could afford it I’d prefer to eat out though 🙂
12. High end or low profile?
Towards lower profile I guess and I certainly have no interest in a wine list!
13. What’s your favourite restaurant?
Bearing in mind the answer above, I’d say Frankie & Benny’s is probably the go-to place for us.
14. I do my grocery shopping at:
This varies month to month according to whichever supermarket has the best deals. Can’t beat M & S for tasty healthy ready meals though.
15. The tastiest food I’ve ever eaten was:
Far too hard to say but it would have been on the dessert menu!
17. Coffee with George Clooney or Heston Blumenthal?
Coffee with George Clooney 🙂
18. What should not be missing in your kitchen?
My kettle. Mess with my tea-making facilities at your peril!
19. What is your favourite snack?
I’d better choose something savoury before you all think I’m ruled by my sweet tooth…currently loving these stick things made with rice & peas…
20. What’s on your pizza?
Ham, mushroom, and, pineapple. Or, Waitrose do a Chicken and mushroom and mascarpone one which is lush.
21. What food do you really dislike?
22. What’s your favourite food blog?
Don’t really follow any that are pure food blogs but Cherished By Me is always a good one 🙂
23. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
I haven’t really…I guess snails & frogs legs would be perceived as weird by some but is considered the norm in some parts of the world obviously!
24. What’s on your food bucket list?
Well I’ve had pizza and pasta in Venice plus afternoon tea at Cafe Florrian there so I’m not sure I can better it, but, as a fan of rare steak I would like to give steak tartare a try at some point.
25. I couldn’t live without:
Just in case no-one’s guessed already…Chocolate! 🙂
BONUS question: If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Better make this a balanced meal then…
Melon with Parma ham to start;
Steak, chips with the skin on, garlic mushrooms, fried tomatoes, and, a green salad garnish;